Mental Health Act (Qld) 2016 - Advance Health Directives for Mental Health - Consumer, Family and Carer Workshops
Free workshops will be held to help you understand the new Advance Health Directives for mental health. Workshops are available around Queensland from July to September 2017. These workshops are open to consumers, families and carers and are not suitable for service providers.
The new Mental Health Act is active in Queensland from March 2017. It enables you to express your views, wishes, and treatment preferences formally in a new document called an Advance Health Directive for mental health. This allows you to have your say and plan for future health care treatment if you become unwell.
With the new Advance Health Directive for mental health you can:
- Discuss future treatment preferences with your doctor and have a formal document to reflect your wishes
- Inform your treating team about your recovery journey plans
- Choose support people you trust to assist in making healthcare decisions for you, should you become unwell. You can also set limits on the decisions they can make.
- ROMA – 20 JULY 2017 – 10am-12pm
- CHARLEVILLE – 21 JULY 2017 – 10am-12pm
- CAIRNS CENTRAL – 2 AUGUST 2017 – 9am-11am
- CAIRNS SOUTH – 2 AUGUST 2017 – 2pm-4pm
- ATHERTON – 3 AUGUST 2017 – 9:30am-11:30am
- COOKTOWN – 7 AUGUST 2017 – 9am-11am
- BUNDABERG – 15 AUGUST 2017 – 1pm-3pm
- MARYBOROUGH – 16 AUGUST 2017 – 10am-12pm
- HERVEY BAY – 16 AUGUST 2017 – 2pm-4pm
RSVP via email: [email protected] OR phone: 07 3844 4200