National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
1. Accessing the NDIS
Understand the access requirements for the National Disability Insurance Scheme as well as some tips about important supporting documentation.
2. What Happens Next: Pre-Planning
All supports that are funded by the NDIS must meet the criteria for reasonable and necessary. This factsheet will help you understand what the NDIA means by reasonable and necessary as well as consider your goals and all of the supports that you need because of your disability.
3. Understanding Your Plan
Sometimes the NDIS can feel like a whole new language. This guide aims to help you understand what is in your plan.
4. Resources for Employing your Own Staff
This factsheets brings together some of the resources available for employing and training your own staff.
5. Scheduled Plan Review and Change of Circumstances
Tips for preparing for your annual plan review and what to do if your circumstances change.
6. What to do if you disagree with a National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) decision?
This factsheet includes information about the process of reviews and people available to support you through the process.
7. Mainstream Programs
Find out what other Government funded programs you might be eligible for. Remember, the Local Area Coordinator can help you link-in with these supports.
You might also find the following non-QAI resources useful:
- QDN PHN GP Tool Kit -A toolkit developed for general practices with practical
information about the NDIS
- VALID 10 Steps to excellent NDIS therapy reports
- Getting the language right A health practitioner’s guide to writing reports, letters, forms and assessments for the NDIS
- For information to help you when entering service agreements or acquiring assistive technology:
|Your Consumer Rights – A Queensland Government publication|
|A guide to competition and consumer law – an Australian Consumer Law publication, published on the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) website.|
Abuse and violence
Violence against people with disability in their homes – a set of two plain English booklets and 5 video resources to inform and raise awareness about violences perpetrated against people with disability in their homes.
Category: Resources; Tags: criminal justice
Category: Resources; Tags: human rights