Stand with us! Campaign
Rally for disability advocacy
In March 2021, QAI joined a partnership of 15 independent disability advocacy organisations to form the Queensland Disability Advocacy Alliance and launch the Stand with us! campaign. The Alliance came together to campaign for ongoing funding for disability advocacy services in Queensland, funded only until June 2021.
Over a number of weeks, Alliance members actively campaigned by:
- Holding meetings with several Members of State Parliament
- Sending letters to all Members of State Parliament
- Launching a dedicated campaign website, inviting community members to pledge their support by signing up to the campaign
- Holding rallys on Wednesday 24 March, 2021, with supporters gathering outside Queensland Parliament House in Brisbane and the local MP’s office in Rockhampton.
On Wednesday 24 March, 2021, the Queensland Disability Advocacy Alliance welcomed the announcement made by the Palaszczuk Government to deliver a funding commitment of base funding for two years to continue advocacy services in Queensland.
The Alliance is continuing to work with the Queensland Government to ensure we have a sustainable advocacy sector that will continue to uphold the rights of people with disability in our community.
The Queensland Disability Advocacy Alliance is a group of 15 Queensland disability organisations.
Get in touch with us
Fill in your details below and we will get back to you soon
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required