We cannot help with

Outside our scope

While our services assist people with disabilities across a variety of issues, there are matters we cannot assist with because they fall outside the scope of our servicesfunding or catchment area. 

Matters we cannot assist with include: 

  • Advice for family members of a person with mental illness 
  • Advice or representation about the interests of a carer or guardian 
  • Centrelink or employment services 
  • Child protection or safety 
  • Consumer law 
  • Commercial and financial matters 
  • Criminal law representation or legal advice 
  • Domestic violence 
  • Employment law 
  • Family law 
  • General individual advocacy 
  • Homelessness and housing 
  • Insurance or compensation claims 
  • Personal injury, including medical negligence 
  • NDIS applications
  • NDIS planning
  • NDIS scheduled or change of circumstance reviews
  • Neighbour disputes 
  • Prison and parole 
  • Property issues 
  • Tenancy issues 
  • Wills and estates 

Areas our services do not cover include: 

  • People living outside of Queensland 
  • People living in Queensland who are dealing with a matter in another state or territory 

Find help

For help finding the right service to assist you, we recommend contacting either Legal Aid Queensland (or Legal Aid in your relevant state or territory) for advice or referrals, or alternatively Community Legal Centres Queensland’s to find an appropriate centre.

Legal Aid Queensland
Phone: 1300 65 11 88

Community Legal Centres Queensland
Phone: 07 3392 0092
Find a centre webpage:

Get in touch with us

If you have any questions or would like to find out more, contact us on (07) 3844 4200 or or use the form below to send us a message.

    Fill in your details below to send our systems team your views on what matters.

    This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.