Advocacy > Disability Advocacy
Young Peoples Program
Individual advocacy for children and young people with disability to support them to uphold their rights, interests and increase control over their lives.
What we do
- Listen to children and young people
- Support them to understand and defend their rights
- Support them to make informed decisions
- Assist them to present and express their views and wishes to others
- Advocate for their interests, appropriate supports and services
- Support to advocate for themselves
- Be independent and only on the side of the young person with disability
- Facilitate other supports and services
- Outreach to rural and remote communities
Who we assist
Our advocates help children and young people (from birth to 18 years) with disability in Queensland who are:
- navigating systems including education, child safety, NDIS, justice, health
- experiencing discrimination, conflict, and unfair treatment
- seeking community inclusion, participation, and access
Our help is free of charge.
How to get help
Children and young people, families and caregivers can contact our office to request assistance on 07 3844 4200 or 1300 130 582 or use the contact form below.
You will be required to provide QAI with certain personal details which are necessary for the advocates to deliver their services. All personal information is treated as strictly confidential.
Get in touch with us
Fill in your details below and we will get back to you soon
* Fields marked with an asterisk are required