QAI has put together a fact sheet for people under involuntary mental health treatment and who are going before the Mental Health Review Tribunal (MHRT).
The fact sheet covers:
- Do I need a lawyer at my Mental Health Review Tribunal hearing?
- Has the MHRT appointed a lawyer for me?
- What if I do not want a lawyer to represent me?
- What are the lawyer’s responsibilities?
- What are my responsibilities to my lawyer?
- What can I do if I have a MHRT hearing but cannot get a lawyer in time?
- Can QAI represent me at my next MHRT hearing?
- More information.
You can read the fact sheet at the links below: